How to add justification and underline buttons in WordPress editor?
Version WordPress 4.7 was released in December 2016, but there are still tense discussions about removing the underline and justification buttons for text in the editor textTHEM. A large proportion usersespecially beginners, who used to use those buttons every day, very negatively received their removal. And because this topic aroused interest I decided to prepare for you a few simple solutions on this topic.
Using keyboard shortcuts
Maybe you don't necessarily need the return of the underline and justification text buttons? Like I wrote above, only the buttons themselves have been removed from the editor menu. However, the option is still available using the appropriate abbreviationthe keys. Therefore to underline the relevant text separate it (by marking it - it will be coloured blue) and press on the keyboard: Ctrl + u. In the case of text alignment, perform an analogous operation and press on the keyboard: Alt + Shift + j.
You can read more about keyboard shortcuts here: https://www.seowordpress.pl/50-skrotow-klawiszowych-w-wordpress/
Using the Re-add Text Underline and Justify plugin
Plugin Re-add Text Underline and Justify you can find on the WordPress repository. It should also be added that there are other add-ons available on wodpress.org returning the underline buttons and justification text. However, I stayed with the given plugin, because it is simple and is constantly updated via creators.
First of all, let's install the plugin. Go to Plugins =>Add New (fig. 1).
After installing and activating the plugin, you need to enable the option to roll over the underline and justify text buttons. You need to go to Settings => Writing. On this website can be find the Editor style line (Fig. 2), which will contains next options:
- Default - without underline & justification buttonsamp; justify buttons). The specified option is set by default.
- Re-add underline & justify buttons. In this case, the buttons will appear on the second line of the editor (Figure 3.).
- Re-add underline & justify + rearrange buttons to their previous position in the menu. With this option you can return buttons to the same place, where They were to be removed (Fig. 4).
- Re-add justify buttons. With this option you can add only one justify button. He will appear on the same place where he was before (Fig. 5).
As you can see, Re-add Text Underline and Justify plugin is a very simple solution. With it you can add necessary buttons to editor's menu and use them like in previous versions WordPress.
TinyMCE Advanced plugin
We present to you yet one plug that I'm sure you've heard of before. It is TinyMCE Advanced - An extensive solution that replaces the standard WordPress editor. With its help, you can add not only text underlining and justification buttons, but also a number of additional options. If you are using this plugin, then you surely know how to return the mentioned buttons. And if you haven't used it yet, I invite you to read the instructions below.
After installing and activating the plug-in we can go to its settings. Therefore we go to Settings - TinyMCE Advanced (fig. 7).
Using the "Drag and Drop" technique, you can add unused buttons anywhere in the editor. As you can see from Figure 7, you have 29 different buttons to use. We will add the underline and justify buttons to the editor where they were before. After saving the changes, we can check the result (Figure 8).
We should also add that TinyMCE Advanced is a very good alternative to the standard editor for WordPress. The plugin includes a number of capabilities that will help you quickly edit the content and modify it according to your needs.
- 10 trends in design pages www 2020 - 4 January 2020
- How do I know if a plug is safe? - 4 January 2020
- Security before spam w WordPress without plugs - 4 January 2020
- New pack of free themesince TemplateMonster - 4 January 2020
- How to use fonts Google on the website? - 4 January 2020
- How to display random entries in WordPress? - 4 January 2020
- Trends in web design 2018 - 4 January 2020
- Free themes 2017 from Templatemonster - 4 January 2020
- How to add selected Google fonts to TinyMCE Advanced editor? - 4 January 2020
- How to add justification and underline buttons in WordPress editor? - 4 January 2020
Internal Links and Sematics
Link building has never been easier. Hundreds of link possibilities in one click.
Professional SEO platform
SEMrush offers solutions for SEO, PPC, content, social media and competitive research.