Internal linking on the website - tips
Internal linking (English. internal linking) is a very important aspect when performing optimisation websites in terms of search engines. Very often its potential is not used, and like is known to be a fundamental way to improve your position in search engine before starting an external linking campaign. Few people know that the higher link potential can be obtain within your own site than that which you could obtain from a couple of pages external. And making link changes inside the site will be incomparably easier and faster.
It is important to recognize that internal linking It does not only refer to SEO. It is closely related to the architecture of the website and the perception of its via user. It is shocking how often this is overlooked.
What are the benefits of using proper internal linking?
- It significantly improves users' navigation website
- Ensures that search engine robots correctly scan and index your site
- More strictly establish a hierarchy of information for pages/subpages, while building links between pages/subpages and phrases
- They help spread link juice (power) within the site
What to look for?
- Consistently link to canonical addressURLs. To put it more clearly, try to URL of the linked page was constant. If you link to a page main use the same structure all the time: http://www.mojadomena.pl/ instead of http://www.mojadomena.pl/index.php. Each page must have only one corresponding URL.
- Anchor text often gets a lot of attention during SEO activities. The phrase used in it should strictly connectwhetherlink to the content of the page. Additionally, the title tag for the link can be more elaborate.
- Link the most important pages. If you're running a site that has key subpages (containing the most important content) remember to link them together to reinforce the flow Page Rank. This will also help in lowering the rejection rate and improve the number of page views.
- In the case of large sites, a good solution is to place links on the home page in the menu directing only to the most important subpages, such as categories. This way we avoid unnecessary confusion on the website and we will not expose ourselves to possible weakening of the power, which in some part is transferred from the main page to the subpages. Therefore you have to choose carefully which ones you want to strengthen in this way.
- Links leading to other subpages can also be woven into text published on the site, so as to use the keywords used in it.
- Try to keep the most important internal links as high up in the page code as possible. Search engine robots scan a page from the top of the first page, so it is important that the links contained in these areas relate to the most important parts of the page.
- In the guide Google For webmasters it has long been known that you should limit the number of links (internal and external) to 100 per page.
- It is important to be able to return to the main page of the website from any subpage. The solution may be placing a link to the home page in an always visible logo or the top of the page (remembering about keywords and alt/title attributes). Both text and graphic links count, but numerous tests performed by positioners show the advantage of the former.
- When planning the distribution of internal links, keep in mind that the transferable PR is divided by the number of all links in the same document (assuming that each link is positioning and therefore transfers PR).
- Use of additional navigation breadcrumb. This is another important link structure, greatly affecting the overall internal linking of the site. Using popular Cms such as WordPress, Drupal or Joomla, you can implement it by installing the appropriate module. Example: Breadcrumb for WordPress.
Improving internal linking on your site will almost always translate positively into search engine rankings. Adding internal links is an ideal strategy to increase the power of specific pages for specific phrases. And the battle for them continues, so improving such a significant factor may cause that your website will turn out better. A co jeśli nie interesują Cię search engines? Na pewno chciałbyś by Twoja strona stała się bardziej czytelna i przyjazna użytkownikowi.
- Wordcamp 2014 Warszawa – dzień pierwszy - 4 January 2020
- TYPES czyli taxonomies, custom fields i post types w jednym miejscu - 4 January 2020
- Modifications to the standard WP RSS - 4 January 2020
- How to search more precisely in Google? [infographic]. - 4 January 2020
- Zestawienie blogów o SEO i WordPressie - 4 January 2020
- Functions in panel admin you shouldn't forget - 4 January 2020
- How to choose wisely template to WordPress? - 4 January 2020
- Plugins to WP you don't know but you should part 4 - 4 January 2020
- Some interesting pieces of code part 1 - 4 January 2020
- Display the number of WordPress resources - 4 January 2020
Internal Links and Sematics
Link building has never been easier. Hundreds of link possibilities in one click.
Professional SEO platform
SEMrush offers solutions for SEO, PPC, content, social media and competitive research.