Positioning with long tail
If you've been working with SEO for a while, it's very likely that you've come across the concept of the long tail. long tail). Further surprising is the phenomenon that the "big phrases" in an industry - with high search volume - represent only 30% of all the potential phrases found in that area.
Why? Because there are no set rules for searching, and imagination users knows no bounds. According to Google, over 20% daily requests is unique! Users by wanting to solve specific problem or search for a specific product form sets of extended and hardly repeatable phrases based on the main keywords. And these very phrases are called Long Tail-em. Użytkownicy już niedługo przestaną wpisywać ogólne słowa kluczowe w pole search engines. Wielu Internautów już tego nie robi. Zamiast tego będą oni wyszukiwać całych zdań zaczynających się, np. od: “W jaki sposób…?”, whether "Like...?".
How do I find Long Tail?
Finding a way to track down tail for a particular industry is a bit like looking for the holy grail. It's not easy, but once found it yields great rewards. What problems can we encounter? The first of them is certainly the fact that keyword suggestion tools are not able to point them out to us unambiguously. Additionally, they may occur only seasonally.
The key issue is to properly optimize the content for phrases with long tail potential. Appropriate headings and meta tags with the text corresponding to queries for given long tail phrases are the basis of success. Let's also remember that while linking, you should not can be forget about subpages of using a variety of anchor text.
It is also worth making a classification of phrases in terms of searches, e.g:
- > 100 | 1 word - the so-called "Fat Head"
- 10 - 99 | 2-3 words - the so-called "Chunky Middle"
- < 10 | 3-6 words - the so-called "Long Tail"
The breakdown is illustrative and the number of searches used for classification may vary for a specific industry.
The notion of phrase potential on Long Tail was mentioned above. How to determine it? It turns out to be helpful keyword suggestion tool Adwords. Using an approximate and exact match type for a given phrase, we can determine what the difference in the number of searches is between the two. If the difference is large, it is worth taking a closer look at the phrase. Of course it is best to use 2-3 word phrases so that the results are more reliable. Remember that long tail, as opposed to general keywords, will attract a small group of visitors to your website. However, they will be more targeted and more likely to become your potential customers.
What gives a long tail?
1. statistically 10% of traffic comes from one-word phrases, 20% from two- and three-word phrases, and as much as 70% comes from long tail!
2. low competition
Example phrase: Used Audi cars Gdynia
The Internet user who enters such a query is not interested in all products, but in specific expectations: the Audi car should be used and located in Gdynia. Such criteria will be met by a significantly smaller number of pages Online, so Getting a high position under such a word is much easier, and the more such words we position, the more chance we have that an Internet user will find us.
3. high conversion rate
On the same principle, the coefficient is increased conversions. A user operating with long phrases is usually more determined to buy a given product.
4. lowers the rejection rate
- Wordcamp 2014 Warszawa – dzień pierwszy - 4 January 2020
- TYPES czyli taxonomies, custom fields i post types w jednym miejscu - 4 January 2020
- Modifications to the standard WP RSS - 4 January 2020
- How to search more precisely in Google? [infographic]. - 4 January 2020
- Zestawienie blogów o SEO i WordPress - 4 January 2020
- Functions in panel admin you shouldn't forget - 4 January 2020
- How to choose wisely template to WordPress? - 4 January 2020
- Plugins to WP you don't know but you should part 4 - 4 January 2020
- Some interesting pieces of code part 1 - 4 January 2020
- Display the number of WordPress resources - 4 January 2020
Internal Links and Sematics
Link building has never been easier. Hundreds of link possibilities in one click.
Professional SEO platform
SEMrush offers solutions for SEO, PPC, content, social media and competitive research.