Why is my website not indexed in Google?
The question in the title often comes up in conversations with clients and people interested in the topic of visibility its parties in search engine. Today I will tell you why your website may not be indexed via Google and how to fix the most common mistakes made in this area.
Very many of the operations performed will be done on Google Webmastertools to which, for the sake of certainty, I am posting a link:
First - make sure your website is/isn't indexed by typing "site:yourjadomena.pl" into Google and analyze the results
Google Page Indexing
Indexing => Indexing Errors - This is the first place you should visit in the webmaster tools. The correct message at the top of the page is:
If the result in SERP is empty or only residual parts are visible Your pages and no indexing errors appear in GWT, which will lead you to the source of the problem, follow these steps:
1. domain "without www" and "with www"
Go to and select "Settings websites”:
2. robots.txt and "noindex" tags
Here the matter is obvious. If we block a robot access to our site we have no wonder that it does not appear in search results. So what should you do to check it?
2.1 Enter in the search engine address:
Check out whether there are no tags blocking the robot. Read more about this topic here: https://www.seowordpress.pl/blokowanie-indeksowania-strony-czyli-robots-txt-i-meta-robots-porownanie/
2.2 GWT - Index Google => State indexing and click the "Advanced" tab
Make sure that the brown line on the graph does not overlap with the blue line.
W WordPress remember that in the section Settings = > Reading uncheck "Visibility for search engines".
Make sure that for each of your subpages a unique url.
4. your page takes "forever" to load
There are times when Google will abandon indexing your site due to its loading length. After a long time or no response, the robot will leave our pageswithout indexing its contents.
You can read more about page load speed here: https://www.seowordpress.pl/odchudzamy-wordpressa-zwiekszamy-predkosc-seo/
5. the page has not yet been scanned by Google
5.1 Create sitemapand add it to the webmaster tool in the Indexing => Site Maps.
5.2 Bring Googlebot to your site by Indexing => Download as Google.
You can read how to do it here: https://www.seowordpress.pl/jak-szybciej-zaindeksowac-adres-url-pobierz-jako-google/
6. black scenario - domain banned
Now it's time to present a black scenario which is imposing a penalty on your domain which may result in removing domains from the index and blocking its indexing. In Tools for Webmasters in the section Search Traffic => Manual Action there is information about this topic. The default (correct) information should appear:
The number of messages at the moment is quite substantial. See for yourself: http://www.silesiasem.pl/lista-20-powiadomien-z-narzedzi-dla-webmasterow-google
If the information about unnatural links applies to your site, follow this guide: https://www.seowordpress.pl/zglaszanie-pliku-disavow-i-prosba-o-rozpatrzenie/
- Wordcamp 2014 Warszawa – dzień pierwszy - 4 January 2020
- TYPES czyli taxonomies, custom fields i post types w jednym miejscu - 4 January 2020
- Modifications to the standard WP RSS - 4 January 2020
- How to search more precisely in Google? [infographic]. - 4 January 2020
- Zestawienie blogów o SEO i WordPressie - 4 January 2020
- Functions in panel admin you shouldn't forget - 4 January 2020
- How to choose wisely template to WordPress? - 4 January 2020
- Plugins to WP you don't know but you should part 4 - 4 January 2020
- Some interesting pieces of code part 1 - 4 January 2020
- Display the number of WordPress resources - 4 January 2020
Internal Links and Sematics
Link building has never been easier. Hundreds of link possibilities in one click.
Professional SEO platform
SEMrush offers solutions for SEO, PPC, content, social media and competitive research.