WordPress and Wcag can you easily meet the requirements?
WCAG, or accessible websites Internet, it's a subject about which via some time someone even spoke. Next, like It turned out that most people have forgotten about it, unfortunately this topic comes up several times during tenders for web pages.
Unfortunately then it is not so rosy, because co The truth of the guidelines seems comprehensible at first glance, but unfortunately this is not the case. The closer we look at the subject Web Content Accessibility Guidelinesthe more often they found themselves on the websites of foundations, organizations oscillating in the subject of accessibility of websites, even can be not realizing how much there is, and in fact how little there is going on.
For example, WordPress has about 3 plugs related to the topic - https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/tags/wcag, whether Have any of you installed or implemented similar solutions in your company? Project financed by the European Union so Everything stopped including Facebook in 2014, nevertheless it's worth spending a moment on this topic. In this post I try to refer to a few selected WCAG points, we have the full list here: http://dostepnestrony.pl/artykul/wcag-2-0-w-skrocie/and below are those that are certainly up for discussion. I hope you will give answers to some questions in the comments.
4. do any of you share video with and without subtitles? Referring here to point 3 and transcription of audio files, transcription is largely used by podcasters, praise be to them. What about other videos?
5. what is an alternate form of a media file?
7. And here it begins problemyou admit that a clear interpretation of this is unworkable?
The code should be standards compliant, but what standards? I would also like to draw your attention to this point, so that later it does not turn out that the requirement is validator.w3.org, to add amazement to this article I wrote there apple.com/en and it turns out that we have 20 problems.
Why are we talking about this?
What if the guidelines say to make the site WCAG compliant? Look for the answer from the client, what he had in mind. The matter is not so simple and it is easy to encounter problems here.
So what can we do? Actually, a few key elements are important nowadays. Pages are now responsive, so they behave as properly as possible when zoomed in the browser. According to SEO requirements, images should have ALTs anyway.
When it comes to accessibility, start by installing the plugin WP Accessibilitybut apart from installing it, let's remember to test it, how it works with our pagesą. Let's also take a look at panel settings, with some themes you need to make changes and give up the default settings. Contrast and readability are taken care of by the toolbar of the mentioned plugin, it looks like this, website before using contrast:
After applying the contrast:
Why aren't these solutions being installed every day?
The answer is very simple, then healthy people would have to see buttons for people with problems, yet that would be something unthinkable. They would draw attention away from the ads when doing an article, and away from the shopping cart when shopping online.
It is also not at all customary to add such solutions e.g. in the footer, which are sometimes huge and elaborate anyway. As for the WCAG guidelines, this is probably a bad understanding of the topic and much better can be found on the aforementioned Make subpage WordPress Accessible.
- WordPress i zewnętrzne usługi – krótki przegląd aplikacji, które zepniemy z WordPress - 4 January 2020
- Full Loop WordPress - 4 January 2020
- WordPress and Wcag can you easily meet the requirements? - 4 January 2020
- Cannibalisation keywords, initial diagnosis and repair on WordPress - 4 January 2020
- 7 simple solutions for WordPress - 4 January 2020
- Google Tag Manager and WordPress instant recipe - 4 January 2020
- How to run Instant Articles i Google AMP on WordPress? - 4 January 2020
- Registration users at website WordPress, a comprehensive solution to a pressing problem - 4 January 2020
- PIWIK and WordPress, why you should look at these stats - 4 January 2020
- Buddypress, a community on WordPress - 4 January 2020
Internal Links and Sematics
Link building has never been easier. Hundreds of link possibilities in one click.
Professional SEO platform
SEMrush offers solutions for SEO, PPC, content, social media and competitive research.